Monday, January 20, 2014

Registration Process


I can’t speak behalf of everyone but here is how mine went and my 2 cents.
So I was hanging out in my dorms lobby one night with a couple of friends before I went clubbing, and I found the Disney College Program poster on the couch. Then I immediately remembered I wanted to attend this back when I was in college but thought it was only for universities close to the parks (My 2nd choice school was the closest college to Disneyland). Basically I took the poster to my room and I was accused of being a klepto by one of my buddies and applied the next day, which happened to be a Saturday. 

10/5: On the application I mentioned my past job experience at a theme park by my house and I think that’s the only notable thing I remember putting down and upon finishing the application I was asked to take the WBI. I've heard of people with no past experience asked to take the WBI immediately to so I don’t know how Disney chooses who to ask or not.
10/6: I took the WBI a day after, yes I am truly lazy and I've taken so many of these on job applications it was pretty easy. The customer is always right, I am the best employee they can possibly have, and always ask the supervisor or inform them. After the WBI, I got an email to schedule my phone appointment. 
10/8: Before I go on, I have really bad service in my dorm and I’m really good with interviews (better in person, but I know how to talk to people). So mine was scheduled on a Tuesday at 11:15 am and I had class at 8 that morning so I was tired and delirious because I usually take naps at this time. Lynn called around 11:17 and we talked for about 25 minutes about my top role choice, if I was willing to deal with messes or swimming. I told her how I love being around people and basically praised the custodial job so it wasn't a surprise I got custodial. Ten minutes into the call, I got disconnected. It was so embarrassing and I was for sure not going to get into the program at this point. I was already having horrible service. But she called back and I found an easier place inside my dorm with my two roommates watching me with skeptical stares. 
10/15: Exactly a week after the interview, I was having breakfast at the food court after my 8:00 am class and was checking twitter and blindly checked my email not expecting to hear anything from DCP and guess what!!!!!! I SAW MY ACCEPTANCE AND I COULDNT EAT ANYMORE I COULDNT STOP SMILING AND I WAS SO GIDDY. I started crying once I got back to my dorm. In my interview I mentioned how Disneyland was my first choice and if given the opportunity I could just live at my house and travel to Disneyland everyday if need, to save money and housing opportunities for others. After getting over my initial excitement, I noticed that it said Walt Disney World Resort. At this point, I was in shock and called my parents. They congratulated me and said how proud they were but the move is far and asked if I really wanted to go. I did and I started questioning if I should go for many reasons. I accepted the position later that night.


No comments:

Post a Comment